Vehicle Mount Successful Stories
Vehicle Mount (Warehousing)
The customer in this application had an existing system that often loss communications at different locations within their facility. The older, slower, and less robust system was not as ergonomically friendly and work flow was interrupted by communication errors. The customer desired a system that would not only maintain connectivity throughout their facilities, but would be easy to retrofit, easy to transition employee to use, and easy to use.
The older system, a tablet pc (M970D), was removed and Winmate's FM10 Vehicle-Mount Computer was retrofitted to 2 of the customer’s 48VDC forklifts. The FM10 has flexible power requirements that can handle up to 60 VDC, which eliminates the need for a special power adapter. An extended range barcode scanner with Bluetooth was paired to the base station. Also mounted, is an I-Key keyboard, model DU-5K-FSR-USB, as well as WiFi antennas setup for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands. The RAM mount system was setup to keep the driver's side view unobstructed, and all cables were secured to the RAM.
Both forklifts were put through typical operations with 2 different drivers. Both drivers noted that the systems operated quicker than the older system and the communications remained robust throughout the whole facility, even in areas where the older system lost communications. Adjustable height and angles for the equipment and keyboard allowed for driver comfort and safer operation. Both drivers liked the larger and easier to use keyboards with built in mice. The installers loved the system, especially with all screws and terminals being included within the provided kit. The deletion of special power adapters and the clean manner in which the system could be setup was a huge plus to the installers.
Vehicle Mount (Logistics)
One of the world's leading logistics suppliers, has integrated Winmate's 10.4" FM10 Rugged Vehicle Mount Computer to its operations at their facility in Taiwan. The FM10 is reliable, durable, and designed to withstand the conditions found in industrial environments such as warehouses. The FM10 also comes equipped with continuous connectivity providing reliable communication between the equipped forklifts and the warehouse data center. By integrating Winmate products into their operations, this company has been able to maximize process efficiencies and streamline communication.
- Rich I/O : Look for devices that offer vehicle operators the ability to connect an external barcode reader via COM port or a keyboard via USB to speed up data entry and reduce errors Vehicle Mount Design : The best rugged warehouse solutions are designed specifically to fit seamlessly into forklifts and other warehouse vehicles with secure mounting.
- Continuous Wireless Connectivity : Look for devices that provide continuous connectivity and enhanced antenna options ensuring you a strong, reliable mobile connection and flawless communications that will keep your operation running efficiently.
Rugged vehicle-mount computer can provide the ideal solution for warehouses and other industrial environments that need to improve process efficiencies and streamline communications. However, not all products are created equal. When researching your options, those are a few key components to consider.
Vehicle Mount (Intermodal)
It's this growing complexity in transportation management that's driving more logistics operations to explore their mobile options. Whether they want to monitor their assets and human resources, more efficiently route and schedule their trucks, or enhance the service levels provided by their customer-facing employees, shippers are turning to mobile tools to help achieve these and other goals.
- Winmate Vehicle Mounted Computer is mounted inside a Hustler truck.
- Using GPS and 4G connectivity, the software application provides Rea-time data directing the driver to trailers to be picked and where to take it.
- Withstand vibration and 24hrs operation.
- 4G/LTE connectivity without interruption.
- Safety: using GPS, lock the touch screen and dim the display when the vehicle is moving.
- Withstand extreme heart.
- Variable DC power Input 10-60V to accommodate various truck configurations.